Balanced Solution by Tom Lightfoot

Balanced Solution by Tom Lightfoot
Recycled Waste from Baush & Lomb

Monday, December 9, 2013

afterlife



here is my final video for new forms! it is a music video for the Arcade Fire song "Afterlife." I have a few other videos I haven't shown yet that I will today in critique, that I will put up in a compilation post of all the work I have done throughout the semester.

2 comments:

  1. Song of the year! My big hang up is that the dancing and the driving seem separate from each other. It's a somewhat harsh juxtaposition that forces me to try to make connections between them, but isn't giving me a visual motivation to do so.

    I'd like to see it use some transparency to overlap the two at moments, maybe in the transition from driving to dancing. It would give the video a more surreal quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did make a more direct connection between the dancing and the song with a very indirect connection (or maybe i am forcing a connection) to the car scenes ( The journey-like progression of relationships). Why did you have the dancing video sideways and narrow? Would it be a little more thought-provoking if one (probably the dancing) were just straight video - reality with metaphor. I like Zach's idea of superimposing the two at times to better integrate them.

    ReplyDelete